- Privacy commitment
The Amritsar Travel website is owned and operated by Ionida Limited. We
are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read this
treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check it
- Information collected
- If you wish to subscribe to Amritsar Travel, we ask for some
personal details. These details include your job title and company
(which we use to build up a profile of our readership) and your day
time telephone number (so we can speak to you should any problems
arise with your subscription).
- We may also ask you whether you would like to receive promotional
emails and mailings from us about our other products or services or
from other companies about their products and services which may be
of interest to you.
- We will only pass on your details to other companies if you have
indicated that you would like to receive further information from
them. If you would like to revise the information provided to us, or
feel what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update
the information by emailing info @ amritsartravel.com
- We may from time to time ask you for further information in order
to update our records or for particular purposes. We will always
tell you how we will use any further information received from you.
We may share aggregate data, based on users' demographics,
interests, and behaviour with our advertisers or business partners
but this aggregate data will not contain identifiable personal data.
- Log files
- Every time someone visits our web site a log file is generated on our computer. This contains
information such as the user's IP (Internet Protocol) address, how long that user spent on the site and which
parts of it they looked at. We collect this information to help us diagnose problems and administer our systems,
to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site (e.g. what part of the world users
are connecting from, or what ISPs are being used).
- We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that you remain anonymous even though
we include your IP address in our aggregate information. However, we can and will attempt to use IP addresses to identify a
user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms and conditions, or to protect our services and other
- Cookies are the simplest way for us to track user trends and patterns, such as how many people use different parts of the website. This helps us better understand which parts of our service users find valuable, and know what areas to improve;
- Cookies may be used to help match advertising to particular interests. Some of the advertising displayed on the website may be provided by outside companies and may contain additional cookies belonging to our advertisers but these cookies will not contain any personal identifiable information about you.
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence and incorporate the information it contains into our database.
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so. Similarly, we will disclose your personal data as part of a transaction whereby our company or business assets are transferred to a third party or if we are compelled to do so by law.
- How we protect information
- We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- There are areas of our website where you may be asked to transmit credit card information in order to complete a purchase transaction or for verification purposes. Any time we ask for a credit card number, it will be transmitted in an encrypted format using industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
- How you can help us protect your information
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- Surveys, Competitions and Promotions
- From time to time we conduct surveys, competitions and promotions and may request information from you as part of these. Participation in these is entirely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose any information which might be required.
- Email Newsletters
- You have the option to receive various email services we offer and in this regard we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
- From time to time we need to send you site and service announcement updates
- Correction/Updating Personal Information
- If your personal information changes or if you no longer wishes to subscribe, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove the personal data provided to us as speedily as possible. This can be done by emailing us at info @ amritsartravel.com